Thanks to contributions by so many Happy Trails supporters, we are able to give the rescued animals the very best in food, shelter, and medical care. Without the many generous donations from caring individuals who are choosing to make a difference, the services provided by Happy Trails would not be possible. Listed below are a few of the many items we need (wish lists updated April 2013):
GENERAL WISH LIST:
• Paint brushes, rollers, paint pans, and any painting supplies
• Gift cards : Pettigrew Feed – Edinburg; Western Reserve – Ravenna; TSC – Ravenna; Big Ds – Streetsboro; Carls Tack – Atwater
• Hay and straw (not more than a year old, cannot be moldy)
• Lime or stall deodorizer
• Feed: Hog pellets, duck/goose pellets, chicken laying mash or scratch (any brands)
• Paste wormers such as Quest, Strongid, Zimectrin, Panacur, etc.
• Gas & fuel cards for diesel and gasoline
• Heat lamp bulbs and heat lamps
• Printer cartridges for our HP CM750A printer – Black 950 / CMY 951
• Sleeping bags, comforters, and blankets for the arthritic or injured animals
• Large pet porters, crates or cages in good condition
• Office supplies (stamps, 8½”x11″ color or white copy paper, manila folders, envelopes)
• For our hard working volunteers: bottled water, soft drinks, (non-leather) work gloves or garden gloves
• A post-hole digger attachment for our Bob Cat
• Heavy duty 78″ four-way dozer blade for skid steer snow plow fits bobcat http://r.ebay.com/T6K01L ($1,950)
SPECIAL PROJECTS WISH LIST
FENCING: Fencing supplies to fence in the remainder of the property, including wooden posts, rolls of 5’ tall field fence, and 2×8”x8’ boards. Call us for details on quantities.
SAND: We are re-doing our outdoor arena which is sadly in need of fixing with regards to the footing and sand base. Currently the arena has a great deal of rocks coming up from below the layers of sand. We are going to scrape the existing sand and base away and start fresh, resulting in the need for approximately 40 tons of arena sand.
CONCRETE OR OTHER HARD SURFACE MATERIAL: We have several concrete projects — everything from pouring several small concrete pads to paving the driveways which will accommodate the folks in wheelchairs who arrive for a tour and help eliminate the snow plows plowing away the driveway gravel every year.
TREATS FOR THE ANIMALS
If you wish to donate produce, vegetables or fruits, please check the following list before sending snacks. The farm animals’ diets are closely monitored. We allow them to have only certain foods other than their grain and hay rations. Also, any fruits or vegetables that are donated cannot be moldy or rotted. Please understand that we can only accept food and produce items on the list below:
• Apples and Carrots
• Sealed bags of Ginger Snap cookies (actually good for sour stomachs)
• Breads (may be old but not moldy)
• Bananas, pears, watermelon
• Corn on the cob
• Strawberries and grapes
If you would care to donate any of the items on our wish list, please contact us via email and we will make arrangements for drop off or pick up! Thank you VERY much for your support!