Happy Trails Farm Animal Sanctuary Volunteer Program is temporarily suspended to make time to update our forms and revamp our orientation procedure for new volunteers. We appreciate your patience as we move through this period and look forward to restarting a fresh new program! Stay tuned!
For information about volunteering and to sign up for a volunteer orientation session, contact HTFAS at (330) 296-5914.
Please be patient as we will do our best to return all calls and emails in a timely manner.
Sanctuary volunteers handle a great deal of clean-up work, and should be physically able to handle manual labor projects. On Saturdays and Sundays, we muck horse stalls, rake out the piggy shelters, clean out the duck and chicken areas, scrub water buckets, mend fences, unload hay and straw from trailers and handle general yard clean-up.
Volunteers may also be called upon to staff booths at various community events and to help pass out various literature. The literature may consist of Happy Trails newsletters, adoption information on various animals and many other topics. In addition, volunteers may help with hauling animals to and from vet visits and adoptive homes, serve as greeters at the sanctuary, and participate in planning committees for fundraisers.
To be a Happy Trails volunteer, here's the scoop:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- A commitment of 4 hours per month is required
- Fill out a volunteer application, complete with information for a criminal background check
- All volunteers are required to attend a Volunteer Orientation
- To work at the sanctuary, you must be physically fit and able to perform manual labor
- For the first 6 months of training, volunteers are on probation and are scheduled to work with a seasoned volunteer. During this time, the volunteer is evaluated and it is determined if their skill level, attitude and team-work is appropriate to be included as part of the Happy Trails Volunteer Crew
- After completing 6 months and at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator, the volunteer is permitted to sign up for weekday volunteer assignments as they become available
Kids can join us in our efforts to promote compassion and kindness for animals by organizing collections of aluminum cans and empty ink cartridges for our recycling program, sleeping bags and blankets for our potbelly pigs, towels for veterinary care, and collecting Acme receipts.
We would be happy to provide more details, answer your volunteer questions, and provide a volunteer application! Please give us a call at (330) 296-5914 or email us.
Currently, HTFAS Volunteer Program is suspended. Please stay tuned for the launch of a new program!