For information about volunteering and to sign up for a volunteer orientation session, contact Happy Trails Farm Animal Sanctuary at (330) 296-5914.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- A commitment of 4 hours per month is required
- Fill out a volunteer application, complete with information for a criminal background check
- All volunteers are required to attend a Volunteer Orientation
- To work at the sanctuary, you must be physically fit and able to perform manual labor
- For the first 6 months of training, volunteers are on probation and are scheduled to work with a seasoned volunteer. During this time, the volunteer is evaluated and it is determined if their skill level, attitude and team-work is appropriate to be included as part of the Happy Trails Volunteer Crew
- After completing 6 months and at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator, the volunteer is permitted to sign up for weekday volunteer assignments as they become available
Kids can join us in our efforts to promote compassion and kindness for animals by organizing collections of aluminum cans and empty ink cartridges for our recycling program, sleeping bags and blankets for our potbelly pigs, towels for veterinary care, and collecting Acme receipts.